Hot Water Cylinder Replacement – Not A Do-It-Yourself Job For The Inexperienced
Hot water cylinder replacement is ordinarily not a do-it-yourself job. If your hot water tank has a leak, or if you need a bigger hot water unit, we highly recommend you consult a professional plumber. The team at Inline Plumbing & Electrical will be able to assist you and provide details about the various types of hot water systems, their pros, and cons. They will help you to choose the right brand and type of hot water system most suitable for your household.
When selecting a new hot water cylinder tank
Should your present hot water tank be leaking, need replacing, or is damaged, then the most cost-effective way to replace your hot water system is to obtain a like-for-like new one. If your household circumstances have changed and you need a larger hot water system, make sure you have sufficient space to fit the new cylinder comfortably. If you are considering to fit the new hot water cylinder in a separate location from the one that is set aside for it, it is best to consult a plumber who will outline the costs of doing so.
Disposing Of The Old Cylinder
If you have plumbing experience and you want to remove the old hot water cylinder it is important to disconnect it from the plumbing system, drain it thoroughly and follow the steps below:
- Turn the cold water supply to the cylinder off. Do this by either detaching the cold water storage tank or by turning the mains water supply off. Finish off by draining the water tank.
- Switch the mains electricity supply off. Proceed to disengage the immersion heater from the mains electricity power supply.
- Pour out excess water from the hot water cylinder using the draincock located at the base.
While disengaging the pipes from the cylinder, take special note of the existence of the current plumbing fixtures. Doing this will play a crucial role when re-connecting the new hot water cylinder. It might be worthwhile to consider marking a short description of each of the pipes with a marker and masking tape. While at it, be sure to carry out the following:
- Disconnect all the pipework of the hot water cylinder. Fasten them out of the way if you can.
- Loosen the stiff joints by applying a little penetrating oil to them.
- Remove the cylinder and relocate it to a safe place.
- Carry out a thorough inspection of the pipework. In particular, look out for signs of wear and tear. Also, take this time to rid them of any unwanted debris in the area where the tank was sitting.
After you have removed the old tank, see to it that its base is firm and large enough for the new tank to rest on comfortably.
Installing A New Hot Water Cylinder
Place the new cylinder in the correct position. Make sure it sits firmly in that position. Go ahead to connect the fittings and pipes:
- Adjust the current pipes if possible to see to it that they fit the new cylinder seamlessly.
- Connect the parts using tapes to guarantee the tightness of the threaded joints.
- Connect the feed pipe to a draincock and finally to the tank in case one does not already exist.
- Re-establish the connection to the mains electricity supply.
- When the cylinder is full, check the container thoroughly for leaks.
- As soon as you are satisfied, turn on the water heater and start heating the water. Check the cylinder from time to time for any leaks.
Superior quality hot water systems 24/7 Repair and Service.
After a thirty-year service to Sydney and other regional areas, Inline Plumbing & Electrical guarantees fast and excellent quality same-day service. We are experts at fixing blocked drains, toilets, taps, leaking pipes, and other plumbing and electrical jobs.
Professional Plumbing & Electrical Service
- Expert hot water system repair and replacement
- Fast and efficient blocked drain clearing using Drain Jetters and Cameras
- Tap and shower repairs
- Plumbing and Electrical emergencies
- Toilet cistern repair and replacement
- Repairs to broken pipes e.g. Water, Drain & Sewer pipes
- Gas repair and replacement
Fast & On-Time Same Day Service
- Fast same day service
- 7 days a week emergency call outs
Reliable & Professional
- Excellentest standards of professional work
- Experienced plumbers and electricians
- Specialist skills in key areas always allocated where needed.
- Highly experienced office staff ensuring efficiently on-time job allocation
- Accurate paperwork consistent with the quote
- 60 % of jobs from satisfied faithful customers
- Thousands of loyal satisfied customers
- Testimonials tell the story.
- Honest over the phone quotes
- Competitive pricing without compromise to quality
Contact Inline Plumbing & Electrical now for an up-front price and have your specific problem resolved fast. Call 1300 465 463 today for your inquiries about hot water heating system units.